$36,000 in Cash, 854 Marijuana Plants, etc. Seized When Search Warrants Were Served at Three Parcels Yesterday
This is a press release from the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office. The information has not been proven in a court of law and any individuals described should be presumed innocent until proven guilty:
On August 16, 2018, deputies with the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office Drug Enforcement Unit (DEU) served three search warrants to investigate illegal cannabis cultivation in the area of County Line Creek Road. The California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Humboldt County Environmental Health and HAZMAT Unit and the Humboldt County Planning and Building Department assisted in the service of the warrants.
Three parcels were investigated during the service of the warrants. The parcels did not possess nor were in the process of actively obtaining a commercial cannabis permit with the County of Humboldt.
During the service of the warrants, deputies eradicated approximately 854 growing cannabis plants. Deputies also located and seized approximately 91 pounds of processed cannabis, approximately 141 pounds of cannabis shake, three firearms and over $36,000 cash.
Assisting agencies found the following violations:
– Seven stream crossing violations (up to $8,000 fine per day, per violation)
– One water diversion violation (up to $8,000 fine per day, per violation)
– Nine water pollution violations (up to $20,000 fine per day, per violation)
– Two depositing trash in or near a waterway violations (up to $20,000 fine per day, per violation)
– Failure to label hazardous waste (up to $70,000 fine per day, per violation)
– No lids on hazardous waste (up to $70,000 fine per day, per violation)
– Failure to establish a Hazardous Materials Business Plan (up to $5,000 fine per day, per violation)
– Commercial cannabis ordinance violations (up to $10,000 fine per day)
– Improper storage and removal of solid waste violations (up to $25,000 fine per day, per violation)
– Grading without a permit violations (up to $10,000 fine per day, per violation)
– Building without a permit violations (up to $10,000 fine per day, per violation)
– Sewage violations
– Junk vehicles violations
Jeffrey Hendrich, 53, and Franklin Jackson, 43, were cited and released on scene for the following criminal charges: cannabis cultivation, possession of marijuana for sales and conspiracy to commit a crime. Additional violations with civil fines are expected to be filed by the assisting agencies.
Anyone with information about these cases or related criminal activity is encouraged to call the Sheriff’s Office at (707) 445-7251 or the Sheriff’s Office Crime Tip line at (707) 268-2539.