Classmates of 9-Year-Old Saachi Thottapilly Who Died Tragically With Her Family When Their Vehicle Went Into the River, Raised Money for Local Search and Rescue
Welcome to our letters to the editor/opinion section. To submit yours for consideration, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please consider including an image to be used–either a photograph of you or something applicable to the letter. However, an image is not necessary for publication.
Remember opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect that of Redheaded Blackbelt nor have we checked the letters for accuracy.
[To the Editor],
… I’m a volunteer with the Humboldt County Search & Rescue Posse. I’m writing to thank you for recommending our group for a donation that we just received.
A couple of months ago our posse, along with maybe a dozen other groups from around northern California, assisted Mendocino County in a search and recovery of a family of 4 who drove off 101 into the Eel River during a heavy rainstorm.
One of the family members who died was a 2nd grader in a school in southern California. Her classmates held a fundraiser and, on your recommendation, sent all the raised funds to us as a donation to our posse.
Anyway, on behalf of our posse I want to thank you for both covering the story and for recommending us for the donation. It is very much appreciated.
Earlier Chapters in the Thottapilly accident:
- Vehicle Upside Down in Water by Confusion Hill on 101
- Rescuers Unable to Recover Occupant(s) or Vehicle After It Plunged Into Eel River
- CHP Searched Sunday for Vehicle and Occupant(s) That Disappeared Into the Eel on Friday
- River Still Hasn’t Dropped Enough to Locate Vehicle That Was Swallowed Last Friday
- Dive Teams Sought for Missing People in the Hart Accident off Hwy 1 and the Missing Vehicle That Was Swallowed by the Eel River on Friday
- Multiple Agencies Searching for Vehicle Swallowed by Eel River
- Witness Tells of Vehicle Tipping Onto Two Wheels and Tumbling Over the Bank Into the Eel River Near Confusion Hill North of Leggett; Searchers Scour the River Tuesday
- Motorized Boat and Helicopter Join the Search for Vehicle Submerged in the Eel River
- Relatives of Missing Thottapilly Family Identify Items Found at Eel River Crash Site
- Searchers Believe They Have Found Body of One of the Missing Thottapilly Family
- Searchers Believe They Have Located Thottapilly Vehicle; Recovery Efforts Underway
- Bodies of Father and Daughter Recovered With Thottapilly Vehicle
- Searchers on the Thottapilly Crash Scene in Major Injury Accident
- Thottapilly Car Pulled Up to Roadside
- Thottapilly Family Together: 12-Year-Old Siddhant’s Body Found, All Accounted For Now