[UPDATE 3:40 p.m.] Murder Suspect Zack Harrison Arrested in Eureka
At approximately 1:30 p.m. today, Zach Harrison was arrested in Eureka. Harrison was wanted for the shooting death of Robert Holtsclaw on September 23 of 2017. Harrison has repeatedly slipped from law enforcement’s clutches as he navigated his home territory near the rural community of Alderpoint. From high-speed pursuits in vehicles and running through the night woods to swimming the raging waters of the Eel River, Harrison managed to wriggle his way from massive law enforcement pursuits that involved everything from a helicopter to a jet ski.
Today, however, Eureka police officers nabbed the murder suspect
on Wabash Avenue near a small market in the Walmart Parking lot.
Humboldt County Sheriff’s spokesperson Samantha Karges confirmed that Eureka Police arrested Harrison but she didn’t know any of the details at this time.
Calls and messages to the EPD have not been returned.
UPDATE 2:12 p.m.: Eureka Police Chief Steve Watson tells us that Harrison was arrested in the Walmart parking lot.
UPDATE 2:17 p.m.: According to Eureka Police spokesperson, Brittany Powell, a “Citizen tip that someone matching his description was seen on [from the foot of Truesdale*]
Broadway” led to Harrison’s arrest. “EPD officers searched the area and located him,” she wrote in an email. *Note: Powell updated the statement.
UPDATE 2:21 p.m.: EPD Chief Watson stated by text, “Around 1:17 PM, a caller reported to EPD dispatch seeing a subject matching Harrison’s description walking near the foot of Truesdale. EPD officers responded and began searching the area. One of our officers found him in the Walmart parking lot and had him in custody by 1:28 PM.
UPDATE 3:40 p.m.: This is a press release from the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office. The information has not been proven in a court of law and any individuals described should be presumed innocent until proven guilty:
On June 6, 2018, at about 1:17 p.m., the Eureka Police Department received a tip that a subject matching the description of homicide suspect Zachary Harrison was observed near Truesdale St. in Eureka, walking north through the back parking lot of the Bayshore Mall. Eureka Police officers located Harrison walking in the parking lot near Walmart. He was taken into custody without incident at about 1:28 p.m.
Harrison was booked into the Humboldt County Correctional Facility on charges of homicide. His bail is set at $1 Million.
The Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office would like to thank the Eureka Police Department for their assistance in apprehending Harrison, the citizens of Humboldt for the numerous tips as to Harrison’s whereabouts and all of the local agencies who aided in the search for Harrison.
Anyone with information about this case or related criminal activity is encouraged to call the Sheriff’s Office at (707) 445-7251 or the Sheriff’s Office Crime Tip line at (707) 268-2539.
- Humboldt County Sheriff’s Deputies Search for Murder Suspect
- Victim Named in This Weekend’s Alderpoint Homicide
- Helicopter and K-9 With Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office in Alderpoint Looking for Homicide Suspect
- Robert Holtsclaw: In Memoriam of This Weekend’s Shooting Victim
- Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office Once Again Scoured the Area Near Alderpoint Looking for the Suspect in Last Weekend’s Fatal Shooting
- SoHum Man Sought in Shooting Death Believed to Be Armed and Dangerous
- A Reminder: Humboldt County Sheriff’s Department Still Seeking Suspect in Alderpoint Homicide
- After Being Spotted in Miranda, Murder Suspect, Zach Harrison Fled Into the Brush off Elk Creek Road; Residents Warned With Reverse 911
- Zach Harrison, Murder Suspect, Jumped in Eel River; Helicopter and Plane Brought in to Search
- Suspected Murderer Zach Harrison Still on the Loose; Netflix Film Crew in the Area Trying to Capture the Incident
- After Last Week’s Search for Suspected Murderer, Zach Harrison, in Alderpoint, Sheriff’s Office Warns That Harboring a Fugitive Is a Felony
- Sheriff’s Department Arrests Three Associates of Fugitive Murder Suspect, Zach Harrison
- Law Enforcement Continues to Comb the Alderpoint Area Searching for Murder Suspect Zach Harrison
- As Law Enforcement Swept Alderpoint Area, One Woman Arrested and One Man ‘Footbailed’
- Humboldt County Sheriff’s Deputies Chasing Zach Harrison in the Rancho Sequoia Area
- Deputies Arrest Associate of Homicide Suspect Zach Harrison; Harrison Escapes into ‘Heavily Wooded Area’
- Homicide Suspect Zach Harrison Still Free, Rancho Sequoia Blocked Earlier; More Arrests Made