Caltrans Offering $1,000 Scholarships to High School, College Students
This is a press release from Caltrans District 1:
Your local office of the California Department of Transportation, District 1, in conjunction with the California Transportation Foundation (CTF) and Caltrans Social Fund, is pleased to announce the availability of two $1,000 scholarships. The scholarships are competitive and based upon the applicant’s commitment to a career in transportation, academic record, and participation in extra-curricular or community-related activities. Financial need will serve as a higher priority when determining the winner of one of the scholarships. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a high school senior or first or second-year college student from or residing in Humboldt, Del Norte, Lake or Mendocino County.
- Must plan to pursue a career in transportation.
- Must provide an official transcript to verify Grade Point Average (GPA).
- Must provide a description of participation in extra-curricular and/or community-related activities
- Letters of recommendation will be considered.
Applications must be postmarked by Friday June 1, 2018. For questions regarding the scholarship or for applications, contact Myles Cochrane, Public Information Officer at 707-445-6312 or Myles.Cochrane@dot.ca.gov. Please note that students related to Caltrans’ employees may apply.