After Being Spotted in Miranda, Murder Suspect, Zach Harrison Fled Into the Brush off Elk Creek Road; Residents Warned With Reverse 911
After a citizen spotted Zachary Harrison at the Miranda gas station today, the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Department, the California Highway Patrol, members of the SWAT team, and a K-9 officer spread out along the Avenue of the Giants to find the man suspected of fatally shooting 58-year-old Robert Holtsclaw in Alderpoint six months ago.
According to Lt. Mike Fridley, Harrison was seen getting gas for a stolen vehicle in Miranda. Law enforcement scrambled to the area with vehicles spreading out to search the several remote backroads that snake off the Avenue and back into the hill country.
One officer, Fridley said, spotted Harrison headed towards the Avenue on Elk Creek Road. Law enforcement gave chase. Harrison headed out Tsarnas Road. Eventually, Fridley said, “He ditched the car and ran off in the brush.”
A reverse 911 was sent to residents in the area that were in the system, Fridley explained, and officers have been scouring the area with no success.
Fridley said Harrison had dyed his hair a light color and was wearing a dark zip-up hoodie as well as dark pants. He may also wear sunglasses with white frames.
“I’m worried that he is out there still,” the lieutenant said. He cautioned residents to be alert. “He should be considered armed and dangerous. If anyone sees him call 911.”
Fridley said that Harrison has recently been seen in Alderpoint and the vehicle he was driving before fleeing on foot was stolen from the Kings Range.
“He’s all over the place,” Fridley warned and urged residents to be cautious.
- Humboldt County Sheriff’s Deputies Search for Murder Suspect
- Victim Named in This Weekend’s Alderpoint Homicide
- Helicopter and K-9 With Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office in Alderpoint Looking for Homicide Suspect
- Robert Holtsclaw: In Memoriam of This Weekend’s Shooting Victim
- Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office Once Again Scoured the Area Near Alderpoint Looking for the Suspect in Last Weekend’s Fatal Shooting
- SoHum Man Sought in Shooting Death Believed to Be Armed and Dangerous
- A Reminder: Humboldt County Sheriff’s Department Still Seeking Suspect in Alderpoint Homicide