‘Enough’s Enough,’ Joe Kitchen Calls for Community to Pack Courtroom Tomorrow
“Duped” that’s how Joe Kitchen, father of Kiya who was killed by a hit and run vehicle said he felt when he heard lawyers for his former wife, Marci, had filed a motion to withdraw from the case because she had run out of money to pay. “It is a stall tactic in my opinion,” he said. “Why would they spend that much money and back out?”
Marci Kitchen is charged with manslaughter in the death of her daughter Kiya and Faith Tsarnas. The two teenagers had been walking not far from Marci’s home when they were struck and killed by a vehicle that the prosecution says was driven by Marci.
Kiya’s father is calling for the community to pack the courtroom tomorrow at 8:30 a.m. to let the judge know that Marci and her attorneys should not be allowed to push back the trial date which is currently set for May 29 again.
“Enough’s enough,” Joe Kitchen said. “It is not about me. But it’s about my son. About Faith’s brother and sister. It’s about the community. It is time to move on. My son is a Freshman in college. It is not fair to him to have this hanging over his head.”
Joe posted on his Facebook page that there was a hearing at the Humboldt County Courthouse tomorrow–Tuesday–8:30 a.m. “Anybody that can make it show up,” he wrote. “I’m hearing [they’re] going to give her more time…FUCK THAT…It’s time !!”
He told us in an interview he requested that if the motion to allow her attorneys to withdraw was granted, the case would drag on another “six months to a year.”
He requested that if possible people show up tomorrow to let the judge know the community’s feelings.
“I’m not a lawyer,” he said, “just some hick. But I know this will give her more time to run around free. It don’t feel right.”
Links to earlier stories:
- Hit and Run: Child Injured in Fortuna
- Two Teenage Girls Killed by Hit and Run Driver
- Witness May Have Seen Vehicle Fleeing Last Night’s Fatal Hit and Run
- Vehicle Involved in Hit and Run Death of Teens Found Near Home of Mother of One of the Teens
- CHP Confirms They’ve Recovered Vehicle Involved in Fatal Hit and Run at One of the Victim’s Residences
- Driver of Vehicle in Tuesday’s Hit and Run Has Contacted Law Enforcement
- A Candlelight Vigil for the Two Young Girls Tragically Killed in a Hit and Run Accident
- Grief Counseling Offered at Fortuna Middle School
- Good Progress’ Learning About Death of Fortuna Teens, Says CHP Spokesperson
- 911 Call Reporting the Hit and Run Which Left Two Girls Dead Last Week; Warning, This Is Graphic Audio
- CHP Asks For Help Finding Two Suspected in Hit and Run Deaths of Two Teenagers
- Suspect’s Attorneys Refute CHP’s Press Release
- Kiya Suzanne Kitchen: Full of Life and Love
- Friends Rally Round Joe Kitchen Whose Daughter Died in Fortuna Hit and Run Accident
- Marci Kitchen Arrested and Made Bail
- Sheriff’s Office Releases Booking Photo and Charges Against Marci Kitchen
- Woman Accused of Killing Her Daughter and Her Daughter’s Friend in DUI Collision Files Claim Against Fortuna for Damages
- Father and Brother of Victim of Fortuna Hit and Run Drop Claim Against City, etc.
- After Surrendering Passport on Monday, Marci Kitchen Approved to Leave State