EPD Still Awaiting DNA in Case of 18-Year-Old Jennika Determined to Have Died of Asphyxia Almost One Year Ago
Nearly a year ago, on December 9, 2016, 18 year old Jennika Lee Suazo was found deceased in her residence on the 300 block of P Street in Eureka. Detectives with the Eureka Police Department began an extensive investigation involving 22 people residing in the residence.
In June of 2017, the results of the autopsy were received and the cause of death was determined to be asphyxia. The case is being investigated as a suspected homicide. Eureka Police Department is still awaiting DNA laboratory results and continues to actively investigate this case. Detectives have kept the Suazo family informed during this process.
Anyone with information regarding this case is asked to call Detective Amber Cosetti at (707) 441-4300.
- Home Marked off With Crime Scene Tape
- Suspicious Death Investigated by EPD
- See also the final person in this list (Record Number of Homicides in 2016)
- For a Time, the Candles Pushed back the Dark: A Community Grieves for Jennika
- Family to Hold Candlelight Walk for Teen One Month After Her ‘Suspicious’ Death
- Mother Accepts Diploma for Daughter Who Died Under Suspicious Circumstances