County of Humboldt Invites Southern Humboldt Communities to Learn About Community Wildfire Protection Plan November 9
This is a press release from the County of Humboldt:
- Provide information:
- Fire protection capabilities and needs.
- Prevention of unplanned human-caused wildfires.
- Wildfire and emergency preparedness.
- The role of wildfire in our local environment.
- The Humboldt County Community Wildfire Protection Plan (CWPP).
- Seek Information:
- Obtain local knowledge and concerns to include in the updated CWPP.
- Provide an opportunity for direct input into priorities for community fire safety.
· Increased understanding of:
- How to reduce unplanned, human-caused wildfire ignitions.
- What to do before, during, and after a wildfire to reduce potential losses (Ready Set Go! Evacuation).
- How to help your community become more adapted to a wildfire environment.
- Local fire department needs, successes, and challenges.
- The positive role wildfire plays in ecosystem and landscape resiliency.
· Sparked enthusiasm to participate in local groups working together to address wildfire issues (e.g. Fire Safe Councils, Firewise Communities, Fire Adapted Communities) and local fire departments.
· Refinement and prioritization of local concerns and projects (on maps and recorded for action plans) to inspire future action and increase competitive advantage for funding.