Big Cannabis Meeting Today in Garberville
Today at 5:30 p.m. in Garberville, Supervisor Estelle Fennell, John Ford, Director and Steve Lazar Senior Planner as well as others of the Humboldt County Planning and Building Department, and Robert Bronkall, Deputy Director of Public Works will be hosting a public workshop on the proposed county’s Commercial Cannabis Land Use Ordinance (CCLUO), and the associated Draft Environmental Impact Report (DEIR).
Subjects to be addressed include:
- Expanding the ordinance to include Adult Recreational Use.
- Lifting the moratorium on accepting new applications
- Removing requirement that new cultivation can only be on prime ag land.
- Creating buffer zones from cities and other residential areas.
- Establishing other use types which allow multiple permit types for one business so that cannatourism can flourish–ie on site consumption.
“We will be talking about how to address and create provisions to protect small farmers,” explained John Ford, Director of the Humboldt County.
When: 5:30 p.m. Thursday
Where: Redwood Playhouse in Garberville