Trinity County Public Health Begins ‘Annual Countywide Seasonal Influenza Campaign’
This is a press release from Trinity County Public Health:
TRINITY COUNTY – The influenza (flu) season is upon us and Trinity County Public Health urges everyone 6 months of age and older to get their flu vaccination.
Flu usually begins with an abrupt onset of fever, muscle aches, sore throat and cough that often make people sick enough to keep them in bed for several days or weeks. Infants, seniors and individuals with chronic heart, lung or endocrine diseases are more likely than others to become seriously ill if infected by the influenza virus and require hospitalization.
Trinity County Public Health will begin its annual countywide seasonal influenza campaign today. The first scheduled community vaccination activity will be a DRIVE-THRU clinic at the Trinity Alps Performing Arts Center in Weaverville on October 27, 2017 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Participants will be able to remain in their cars as they drive through designated lanes for registration, screening and vaccination. Please remember to wear short sleeves so staff can get to the upper arm more easily.
Additional flu clinics will be held in locations throughout the county – see community flu clinic schedule below. There is no fee for the flu vaccine.
2017-18 Seasonal Community Flu Vaccine Schedule:
· Oct. 27: Weaverville Drive-Thru Clinic, Trinity Alps Performing Arts Center, Arbuckle Court, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Stay in the comfort of your car while receiving your flu vaccine.
· Nov. 1: Trinity Center, IOOF Hall, 70 Scott Blvd., 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
· Nov. 7: Hayfork, Roderick Senior Center, 90-A Corral Ave., 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
· Nov. 7: Hyampom Community Center, Underwood Mountain Road (Road 60), 2:30 to 3:30 p.m.
· Nov. 9: Weaverville, Golden Age Center, 201 Browns Ranch Road, 10 a.m. to noon
· Nov. 9: Junction City, North Fork Grange, 131 Dutch Creek Road, 1 to 2 p.m.
· Nov. 14: Lewiston, Lewiston Moose Lodge, 71 Lewiston Turnpike Road, 9:30 a.m. to Noon.
· Flu vaccine is also offered every Monday at Trinity County Public Health Clinic, Health and Human Services, 51 Industrial Park Way, 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Please call (530) 623-8209 to make an appointment. Walk-ins are welcome.