Suspect in the China Creek Shooting Makes Bail
21-year-old LeMarcus Raekown Martin, a suspect in the shooting of a man near China Creek during the theft of marijuana made bail today. According to Lt. Kenny Swithenbank of the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office, Martin posted $100,000 bail and is out of jail today.
On August 6, three men stole marijuana during the course of a deal in the China Creek area of Southern Humboldt. The victim attempted to stop them and was shot receiving what the Sheriff’s Department called “life-threatening wounds.”
Martin was expected to have a bail of $500,000 but Lt. Swithenbank said that today he was released with the much lower bail amount.
- Life Flight Called for After Gunshot Victim Brought to Garberville Hospital; Sheriff’s Looking for Three Suspects
- Sheriff’s Office Describes Three Suspects Sought in China Creek Area Shooting
- Stills From Surveillance Video of the Alleged Suspects in China Creek Shooting
- South Carolina Rapper Arrested for Charges Related to Shooting During Sale of Marijuana in China Creek
- Sheriff’s Office Releases More Information on Man Arrested in Relation to the China Creek Shooting
- Second Warrant Issued in China Creek Area Shooting