Letter From Family Member Questions Testimony of Witnesses in Hearing About Kyle Zoellner’s Possible Role in the Death of David Josiah Lawson
Welcome to our letters to the editor/opinion section. To submit yours for consideration, please send to email@example.com. Please consider including an image to be used–either a photograph of you or something applicable to the letter. However, an image is not necessary for publication. Remember opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect that of Redheaded Blackbelt nor have we checked the letters for accuracy.
Letter to the Editor from Jay Zoellner [Uncle of Kyle Zoellner who was arrested, charged, and released from jail for lack of evidence in the homicide of David Josiah Lawson]
“It’s time for the APD to drill down into the testimony of Elijah Chandler and Paris Wright and for one moment dismiss Kyle Zoellner as the prime suspect”
During Paris Wright’s testimony he stated that Josiah had Kyle in a headlock and Kyle was lying face up and was on top of Josiah when he pried Kyle away from Josiah. This means Kyle’s back side was on top of Josiah’s abdomen area. He then stated he saw that Josiah was bleeding from his stab wounds on his abdomen. We also know from the hearing that Josiah did not have his t-shirt on according to Elijah’s testimony. If this actually took place then there should have been a large blood stain on the back side of Kyles’s sweatshirt. Clearly Paris Wright is lying about what took place as there was no blood found on the back of Kyle’s sweat shirt where there should have been a large blood stain. This false account of what took place given by Paris was not an accident or a mistake in what he saw as he was physically right next to Kyle and Josiah. This was a calculated and fabricated lie to hide the truth of what took place.
According to Elijah Chandler’s testimony he came straight out of the house to find out his friend had been stabbed and then immediately went to aid his friend. The problem with this version is it could not have happened as Elijah was part of the assault kicking Kyle in the head. Elijah’s version is not a mistake but was also calculated and fabricated to hide the truth. Paris stated he saw no knife when he pulled Kyle off of Josiah yet Elijah stated he saw a shiny object drop from Kyle’s hand. For Elijah’s version to be factual he must have seen Paris, Kyle, and Josiah at the same spot yet he stated in his testimony that he ran and located Josiah away from Kyle and Paris “some distance from the house”.
Elijah and Paris are lying, period:
After the murder, one or more of the girls shared with Kyle’s father exactly what they had witnessed at the house party. The one glaring part of what they shared was that Elijah Chandler was one of the attackers that were kicking Kyle in the head. If Elijah Chandler was part of the attack on Kyle it would have been before or during the time Josiah Lawson was stabbed as he (Elijah) was the one that ran over to find Josiah after he was stabbed. However, according to Elijah’s own testimony, he ran out of the house after Josiah had been stabbed and then ran over to where he was lying. This clearly could not of happened so why is Elijah lying about such a significant part of the time line. With his testimony he was clearly trying to distance himself from being part of the attack on Kyle but why? Is this why Kiaundrey Clark was kicked out of the fraternity when he gave a statement that there were many attackers kicking Kyle? The other witness’s including the Castillo brother’s and Paris Wright admitted to taking part in the attack on Kyle but again according to Elijah’s statements he never took part in the attack on Kyle.
If the police would step back for one moment and remove Kyle as the prime suspect they would see some glaring items to investigate. Starting with the above information would seem like a logical place. Elijah Chandler for some reason has tried to make sure he was not associated with the altercation with Kyle and yet it is clear he took part in the altercation before he ran over to where Josiah was lying after he was stabbed. Why would he continually lie about this? Paris Wright fabricated a scene where Kyle was face up on top of Josiah’s bleeding body but there was no blood on Kyle’s back side. Both of these individuals are fabricating events that could not have happened and they are the 2 key eye witnesses.
In a scrum of a bunch of individuals that are in an altercation and are being sprayed with mace anything could of happened that morning in regards to how Josiah was stabbed and by whom. We know that the Castillo brothers, Paris Wright, and Elijah Chandler have been identified as being in the altercation that involved both Josiah Lawson and Kyle Zoellner. We also know that when people purposely lie they should be considered prime suspects as they are hiding the truth.
If the APD (Police Chief Chapman) has not taken the fingerprints of these individuals and checked to see if they match the finger print on the knife found at the scene he must be removed from his position in the APD as he must be able to understand that people lie to hide the truth. Finally, Chief Chapman has no reason to not formerly address the public at this time and acknowledge whether everyone’s fingerprints have been tested as long as he does not confide in what was discovered at this time.
- 19-Year-Old HSU Student Dies After Stabbing in Arcata Early This Morning
- 23-Year-Old McKinleyville Resident Arrested in Connection with HSU Student’s Stabbing Death
- HSU Offers Students Who Witnessed Stabbing Death Amnesty for Breaking School Rules; Asks Cooperation With Police
- Arcata Police Not Releasing Photo of Suspect in Stabbing Death for Now
- APD Received Anonymous Email About Fatal Stabbing; Pleads With Writer to Come Forward
- Celebration of the Life of Stabbing Victim Will be Held at Humboldt State University Today; Racial Bias Alleged to Have Led to Death
- Hundreds Mourn Slain HSU Student at Thursday Vigil
- Uncle of Fatal Stabbing Suspect Writes Letter to the Editor Urging Community Re-examine Public Statements Made in the Case
- Family of Arcata Stabbing Suspect Claims the Real Killer Has Not Been Caught (Includes Timeline of Events as Presented in Public Statements by Those at the Party)
- HSU and Arcata Police Issue Statements Following Release of Kyle Zoellner in the Stabbing Death of David Josiah Lawson
- District Attorney’s Office Issues Statement as Defendant in Racially Charged Case Released
- Family of Kyle Zoellner Who Was Released Today in Stabbing Death Issues Statement to Family and Friends of Victim
- Justice for Josiah Gathering Keeps Arcata Lively Tonight; Another Protest Called for Tomorrow
- Letter to the Community of Arcata from Kyle Zoellner’s Uncle
- Chanting “‘Justice for Josiah,’ Protesters Gather at the Courthouse
- Family Announces $10,000 Reward for Information Leading to Conviction of Killer of David Josiah Lawson
- APD Chief and Victim’s Mother Offer Updates on the Stabbing Death of David Josiah Lawson