Celebration of Life for Pilot Who Was Found Dead in the Eel River 10 Days After He Crashed
This section includes both obituaries and memories. Honoring our loved ones who have died does not end immediately after their passing. We recognize that… so we’re extending our obituary section to include individuals who may have left a long time ago. If you want to remember someone who is gone, either recently or longer ago, please send a photo and a few sentences to email@example.com. Tell us why you would like to honor the person–is it their birthday, the date of their passing or some other date of significance to you? Pet remembrances are also welcome.
Everyone is welcome to the celebration of life held for Rex Whitlow tomorrow near McCann, says his family. Whitlow went missing after his plane crashed on May 4 and his body wasn’t found until 10 days later. He was well-known in the community.
The celebration begins at 2 p.m. with food. “Everyone is welcome to bring a side dish if they like,” said Lonnie Whitlow, Rex’s nephew. “After the service, there will be a celebration of life. Family and friends gathering on into the evening bring your tents.”
To get to the celebration, take Dyerville Loop from 101. Once in McCann, cross the bridge and go to the left. You’ll find it.
- UltraLight Plane Crashes in Eel Near McCann; Rescuers Search for Local Pilot
- Searchers for Missing Pilot Vow to Work Until Dark Though Heat and Wind Are Taking Their Toll
- Rescue Team Member Lost Wallet Searching for Downed Pilot
- Search Teams Continue Looking for Missing Pilot
- Search for Missing Pilot Postponed
- Cadaver Dogs and Searchers Still Haven’t Located Missing Southern Humboldt Pilot
- Missing Pilot’s Body Found
- Sheriff’s Office Releases More on the Finding of the Missing Southern Humboldt Man’s Body
- Rex Whitlow: He Flew Out of Our Lives