Family of Kyle Zoellner Who Was Released in Stabbing Death Issues Statement to Family and Friends of Victim
To the entire Lawson Family, and especially to you Mr. and Mrs. Lawson,
More than ever today we are aware of your loss as tonight we get to hug our loved one, yet tonight you have had this simple gift taken from you. Our paths have crossed under such a tragic event and it is not fair. We do believe that both families believe in the same God and that God gives us promises that give us hope in these difficult times. Our words are not sufficient to try to bring any kind of peace to your family at this time but we do know God’s “Word” can.
For the family and friends of Josiah, “We know that God works good in all things for those that love him” so we pray you will find peace and comfort knowing that through Josiah’s tragic death, God will work good in this tragedy although we may not understand now.
Finally, to the “Community of Arcata”, we know in this world as individuals we cannot prevent all the random acts of violence that take place each day, however each of us are in control of our words and actions. If all of us would make the daily choice to perform a random act of “kindness” in our communities we would see so much healing and changes for the good.
May God Bless you Lawson Family
- 19-Year-Old HSU Student Dies After Stabbing in Arcata Early This Morning
- 23-Year-Old McKinleyville Resident Arrested in Connection with HSU Student’s Stabbing Death
- HSU Offers Students Who Witnessed Stabbing Death Amnesty for Breaking School Rules; Asks Cooperation With Police
- Arcata Police Not Releasing Photo of Suspect in Stabbing Death for Now
- APD Received Anonymous Email About Fatal Stabbing; Pleads With Writer to Come Forward
- Celebration of the Life of Stabbing Victim Will be Held at Humboldt State University Today; Racial Bias Alleged to Have Led to Death
- Hundreds Mourn Slain HSU Student at Thursday Vigil
- Uncle of Fatal Stabbing Suspect Writes Letter to the Editor Urging Community Re-examine Public Statements Made in the Case
- Family of Arcata Stabbing Suspect Claims the Real Killer Has Not Been Caught (Includes Timeline of Events as Presented in Public Statements by Those at the Party)
- HSU and Arcata Police Issue Statements Following Release of Kyle Zoellner in the Stabbing Death of David Josiah Lawson
- District Attorney’s Office Issues Statement as Defendant in Racially Charged Case Released
- Family of Kyle Zoellner Who Was Released Today in Stabbing Death Issues Statement to Family and Friends of Victim