[UPDATE] Wet Roads and Wet Weather For Friday
Expect wet roads and wet weather today as a storm moves over the area. According to the National Weather Service, there could be some locally heavy rain and a possibility of mudslides. Tomorrow, the rain is likely to become showers but Sunday another storm is moving in.
Here is what we know about the roads at this point. As more information comes in, we’ll update in blue.
- Hwy 1: CLOSED in both direction just west of Leggett. (See here for more info.) No estimated time of reopening.
- Hwy 3: Open
- Hwy 20: Open (Note: Hwy 16 is closed.)
- Hwy 36: Open
- Hwy 96:
- According to Caltrans, “…96 is reduced to one lane with traffic control at Cade Mountain (Siskiyou CO) due to a slip-out. Motorists should expect delays of up to 15 minutes.”
- Hwy 101:
- Traffic delays at Bridges Creek just north of Standish Hickey which is north of Leggett. (Go to this article for more information: Slide at Bridges Creek North of Leggett on Hwy 101 Acting Up; Caltrans Will Be Watching It Closely)
- There can be minor traffic delays on 101 north of Myers Flat.
- 101 now open at Last Chance Grade about 15 miles north of the Del Norte/Humboldt County border. Go to this article for more information: (Hwy 101 North Open at Last Chance Grade)
- HWY 162: Open
- Hwy 169: Open
- Hwy 199: Open
- Hwy 211: Open (Check out the Fernbridge live cam)
- Hwy 254 (Avenue of the Giants):
- Closed from Holmes Flat to Barkdull Road.
- Hwy 255: Open
- Hwy 271: Open
Hwy 299: The large slide at Big French Creek is still blocking the highway but traffic is allowed through most of the day. Caltrans posted,
299 is reduced to one lane with traffic control from 4.5 mi to 4.1 mi west of Big Bar, at Big French Creek (Trinity County) due to slide removal. Monday through Saturday the road will be open between 0600 hrs and 1800 hrs with minimal delays and from 1800 hrs to 0600 hrs with one hour delays. Sunday the road will be open from 0600 hrs to 0600 hrs on Monday with up to 30 minute delays.
Humboldt County Roads:
Here’s what we know. But we know there are more issues. As we learn details, we will add the information below.
- Alderpoint Road 1 way controlled traffic at PM 10.68, PM
17.70, PM 26.00, PM 30.33 and PM 34.95, PM 36.98, and PM 44.70
- Benbow Drive Closed
- Blue Slide Road 1 lane at PM 1.75 and 3.25
- Briceland Thorn Rd PM 3.27 – one way traffic with bridge and signal
- Butler Valley Road
- 1 lane at PM 3.71
- Closed 5.75 PM
- Cannibal Island Road-Closed
- China Creek missing a chunk but still passable.
- Coffee Creek Road Closed
- Dyerville Loop Road 1 lane at PM 2.00
- East Branch Road in Benbow one way controlled traffic at 2.7 mm.
- Eel River Drive closed at mile marker 1.
- Eel Rock Rd. – 1 Lane controlled traffic at PM 2.7
- Fort Seward Road 1 lane at PM 3.90
- Mattole Rd one-way control at various locations
- Mosswood Lane closed
- Needle Rock Road closed due to slide (See more here.)
- Newton B. Drury Scenic Parkway closed after large falling tree put a hole in the road. No estimated time of reopening. (See here for more information.
- Salmon Creek Road closed at 0.56mm detour 101 or Maple Hills Road
- Shively Road 1 lane controlled traffic at PM 0.50, PM 3.56, PM 7.00 and PM 11.50 with a length restriction of 32′ Kingpin to rear axl
- Wilder Ridge Road is open with a length restriction of 32′ kingpin to rear axle
Trinity County Roads:
- “Trinity Alps Road past Trinity Alps Resort accessing Stuarts Fork Trailhead has washed out. Road is CLOSED indefinitely,” according to the Trinity County Department of Transportation.
- “Zenia Bluffs Road between Alder Point and Zenia is CLOSED due to slide,” according to the Trinity County Department of Transportation. “Estimated time of reopening is greater than a week. Use Peak Road.