[UPDATED Wednesday] Tuesday: Wet Roads and Wet Weather Ahead
Here is what we know about the roads at this point. As more information comes in, we’ll update in blue.
- Hwy 1: CLOSED in both direction just west of Leggett. (See here for more info.) No estimated time of reopening as of February 24.
- Hwy 3: Chains required in several areas. See Quick Map for more details.
- Hwy 20: Open (Note: Hwy 16 is blocked)
- Hwy 36: Chains required except for 4 wheel drive beginning three miles west of Mad River (Zenia Road) continuing east past Knob in many areas.
- Hwy 96:
- According to Caltrans, “SR 96 is reduced to one lane with traffic control at Cade Mountain (Siskiyou CO) due to a slip-out. Motorists should expect delay. Conditions subject to change.”
- “State Route 96 reduced to one lane with traffic control 2 miles east of Scott River Road (Siskiyou County) due to a slipout. Motorists should expect delays,” according to Caltrans.
- CLOSED at mile marker 22.11 about a mile south of Weitchpec. No estimated time of opening yet, according to a Caltrans spokesperson.
- One-way controlled traffic at mile marker 4
- Hwy 101:
- There can be minor traffic delays on 101 north of Myers Flat.
- U.S. Highway 101 about a half mile north of Rudisill Road (Last Chance Grade in Del Norte County) is experiencing the failure of a retaining wall. (See here for more information.)
- HWY 162: Slide blocking 162 at mile marker 12.35
- Hwy 169: Open (One lane blocked.)
- Hwy 199: Winter weather conditions. Carry chains.
- Hwy 211: Open (Check out the Fernbridge live cam)
- Hwy 254 (Avenue of the Giants):
- Closed from Holmes Flat to Barkdull Road.
- Hwy 255: Open
- Hwy 271: Open
- Berry Summit plowed as of 7:33 a.m.
- One way traffic at mile marker 29 due to traffic accident.
- The large slide at Big French Creek is still blocking east/west travel. Caltrans posted,
Daily schedule (weekdays and weekends) as follows:
Morning: 5:30 am to 7:30 am
Single Opening: 10:00 am
Single Opening: 12:00 noon
Single Opening: 02:00 pm
Afternoon: 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm
Overnight: 6:30 pm to 5:30 am with 1-hour delays….Every Sunday, the detour is open starting at 5:30 am and continuing all day until Monday at 7:30 am, with one-way traffic control and up to 30-minute delays.
Humboldt County Roads:
Here’s what we know. As we learn details, we will add the information below. According to Humboldt County Public Works, “Driving on county roads during stormy periods, DRIVE SLOWLY and CAUTIOUSLY due to landslides, road failures and deep potholes. When in higher elevations, CARRY CHAINS.”
- Alderpoint Road 1 way controlled traffic at PM 10.68, PM
17.70, PM 26.00, PM 30.33 and PM 34.95, PM 36.98, and PM 44.70
- Benbow Drive Closed
- Blue Slide Road 1 lane at PM 1.75 and 3.25
- Briceland Thorn Rd PM 3.27 – one way traffic with bridge and signal
- Butler Valley Road
- 1 lane at PM 3.71
- Closed 5.75 PM
- Cannibal Island Road-Closed
- China Creek missing a chunk but still passable.
- Coffee Creek Road Closed
- Dyerville Loop Road 1 lane at PM 2.00
- East Branch Road in Benbow one way controlled traffic at 2.7 mm.
- Eel River Drive closed at mile marker 1.
- Eel Rock Rd. – 1 Lane controlled traffic at PM 2.7
- Fort Seward Road 1 lane at PM 3.90
- Hidden Court closed
- Howard Heights Road flooded
- Jack Shaw Road closed at PM 1.3
- Kneeland Rd posted 1 way control at PM 34.96 CARRY CHAINS
- Lower Cappell Rd. at PM 1.49 open but road is soft and motorist must proceed with caution.
- Mattole Rd one-way control at various locations
- McCann Rd Closed. Boat operations still running
- Meridian between Port Kenyon and Centerville Closed
- Mosswood Lane closed
- Needle Rock Road closed due to slide (See more here.)
- Newton B. Drury Scenic Parkway closed after large falling tree put a hole in the road. No estimated time of reopening. (See here for more information.)
- Nunnemaker Road at Eel Rock Road is closed
- Port Kenyon closed between Market and California
- Red Cap Road slipout at PM 2.30 road is open proceed with caution
- Salmon Creek Road closed at 0.56mm detour 101 or Maple Hills Road
- Shelter Cove Road 1 lane at PM 7.60
- Shively Road 1 lane controlled traffic at PM 0.50, PM 3.56, PM 7.00 and PM 11.50 with a length restriction of 32′ Kingpin to rear axle
- Snow Camp Cutoff closed
- Stagecoach Rd. – PM 1.00 Closed
- Stover Road slide at PM 0.72 proceed with caution
- Telegraph Creek Road 1 lane at PM 1.90
- Titlow Hill Road chains are required
- Wilder Ridge Road is open with a length restriction of 32′ kingpin to rear axle
Trinity County Roads:
- “Trinity Alps Road past Trinity Alps Resort accessing Stuarts Fork Trailhead has washed out. Road is CLOSED indefinitely,” according to the Trinity County Department of Transportation.
- “Zenia Bluffs Road between Alder Point and Zenia is CLOSED due to slide,” according to the Trinity County Department of Transportation. “Estimated time of reopening is greater than a week. Use Peak Road.