[UPDATE 9:47 p.m.] Thunderstorms Possible: Tuesday’s Roads and Weather
Expect the roads to continue to deteriorate as rains and windy weather persist. Below is what we know about specific problems on roads frequented by Emerald County Residents at this point. As more information comes in, we’ll update in blue.
- Hwy 1: Closed in both direction just west of Leggett. (See here for more info.) Confirmed closed with Caltrans.
- Hwy 3: Open
- Hwy 20: According to a Caltrans spokesperson, the road is completely closed from mile marker 10 to mile marker 12.5 with no estimated time of reopening–but possibly several weeks!(Note: Hwy 16 is blocked)
- Hwy 36: Open (Here’s more information about earlier closure.)
- Hwy 96:
- According to Caltrans, “SR 96 is reduced to one lane with traffic control at Cade Mountain (Siskiyou CO) due to a slip-out. Motorists should expect delay. Conditions subject to change.”
- Slide across the road near Cade Mt. Caltrans responding about 5 p.m.
- Road open but traffic delayed. Crews clearing rocks from slide north of Laytonville. (See here for more info.)
- (Traffic delays on 101 north of Weott.)
- Tree down blocking the northbound lane on the 101 just north of Willits (around mile marker 53.) As of 9:45 p.m., officers were on scene directing traffic around the incident.
- Hwy 169: Open (One lane blocked.)
- Hwy 199: Open
- Hwy 211: Open (Check out the Fernbridge live cam)
- Hwy 254 (Avenue of the Giants):
- Closed from Holmes Flat to Barkdull Road.
- Hwy 255: Open
- Hwy 271: Closed by Marion Lane. Caltrans responding as of 11:15 a.m.
- Hwy 299: Mostly clear. However, the large slide at Big French Creek is still blocking east/west travel.
UPDATE tuesday at 1:12 p.m. from Caltrans: “OPEN this afternoon 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM also overnight with 1-hour delays from 6:30 PM to 5:30 AM.”
Humboldt County Roads:
Here’s what we know. As we learn details, we will add the information below.
- Alderpoint Road 1 way controlled traffic at PM 17.70, PM 26.00, PM 30.33 and PM 34.79
- Bair Road 1 lane at PM 0.72 and PM 1.30
- Benbow Drive Close
- Blue Slide Road 1 lane at PM 1.75 and 3.25
- Briceland Thorn Rd PM 3.27 – one way traffic with bridge and signal
- Bull Creek Road closed as of 9 p.m. Monday with a downed tree about 1/2 mile from 101. We haven’t learned if it is still there or not. (Photo and more info.)
- Butler Valley Road 1 lane at PM 3.71
- Cannibal Island Road-Closed from Cock Robin to Crab Park
- China Creek missing a chunk but still passable.
- Coffee Creek Rd. Closed
- Davison Road “just closed and thus no car access to Gold Bluffs Beach or Fern Canyon,” reports Redwood National Park.
- Dyerville Loop–closed by slide about two miles off the Avenue.
- East Branch Road in Benbow one way controlled traffic at 2.7 mm.
- Eel River Drive closed at mile marker 1.
- Eel Rock Rd. – 1 Lane controlled traffic at PM 2.7
- Fort Seward Road 1 lane at PM 3.90
- Fullmore Road closed
- Hidden Court closed
- Howard Heights Road flooded
- Jack Shaw Road closed at PM 1.3
- Kings Peak Road closed at mile marker 7
- Landergen Road closed
- Lower Cappell Rd. at PM 1.49 open but road is soft and motorist must proceed with caution.
- Mattole Rd One-way control at various locations
- Meridian between Port Kenyon and Centerville Closed
- Mosswood Lane closed
- Newton B. Drury Scenic Parkway closed after large falling tree put a hole in the road. No estimated time of reopening. (See here for more information.)
- Nunnemaker Road at Eel Rock Road is closed
- Port Kenyon closed
- Red Cap Road slipout at PM 2.30 road is open proceed with caution
- Salmon Creek Road closed at 0.56mm detour 101 or Maple Hills Road
- Shelter Cove Road 1 lane at PM 7.60
- Shively Road 1 lane controlled traffic at PM 0.50, PM 3.56, PM 7.00 and PM 11.50
- Stover Road slide at PM 0.72 proceed with caution
- Stagecoach Rd. – PM 1.00 Closed
- Telegraph Creek Road 1 lane at PM 1.90
- Wilder Ridge Road closed at Landergen Road indefinitely no alternate route.
Trinity County Roads:
- “Trinity Alps Road past Trinity Alps Resort accessing Stuarts Fork Trailhead has washed out. Road is CLOSED indefinitely,” according to the Trinity County Department of Transportation.
- “Zenia Bluffs Road between Alder Point and Zenia is CLOSED due to slide,” according to the Trinity County Department of Transportation. “Estimated time of reopening is greater than a week. Use Peak Road.”