[UPDATE 9:20 p.m.] Saturday: Sun and Showers on Soaked and Sagging Roads
Expect showers through today with rain likely tonight. If you are headed out of the area, please check Caltrans’ Quick Map as the road situation is quite dire in some areas.
Below is what we know about specific problems on roads frequented by Emerald County Residents at this point. As more information comes in, we’ll update in blue.
- HWY 1: Closed in both direction just west of Leggett. (See here for more info.)
- Hwy 3: Open
- HWY 20: Closed due to flooding. (See more here.)
- Hwy 36: Open (Snow possible tonight on South Fork Mountain)
- Hwy 96:
- According to Caltrans, “SR 96 is reduced to one lane with traffic control at Cade Mountain (Siskiyou CO) due to a slip-out. Motorists should expect delay. Conditions subject to change.”
- Hwy 101: Open
- Hwy 169: Clear
- Hwy 199: Open
- Hwy 211: Open (Check out the Fernbridge live cam)
- Hwy 254 (Avenue of the Giants):
- Closed from Holmes Flat to Barkdull Road.
- Hwy 255: Open
- Hwy 271: Open
- HWY 299: Mostly clear. However, the large slide at Big French Creek is still blocking east/west travel. Here’s the schedule from Caltrans:
…plan is to keep the road OPEN daily, starting on Sunday, Feb 12, 2017, through Wednesday, Feb 15, as follows:
5:30 am – 7:30 am OPEN
4:30 pm – 6:30 pm OPEN
6:30 pm overnight to 5:30 am OPEN
Please remember: RAIN changes the plan. UPDATE Friday: Caltrans says, Open today from “4:30 to 6:30pm/6:30pm to 5:30am/w delays. Sunday: 5:30am to 7:30 am.
Humboldt County Roads:
Here’s what we know. As we learn details, we will add the information below.
- Alderpoint Road one lane at PM 30.33 and PM 34.79 and around mile marker 18.25.
- Benbow Drive Close
- Briceland Thorn Rd PM 3.27 – one way traffic with bridge and signal
- Cannibal Island Road-Closed from Cock Robin to Crab Park
- China Creek missing a chunk but still passable.
- Coffee Creek Rd. Closed
- East Branch Road in Benbow one way controlled traffic at 2.7 mm.
- Eel River Drive closed at mile marker 1.
- Eel Rock Rd. – 1 Lane controlled traffic at PM 2.7
- Fullmore Road closed
- Hidden Court closed
- Howard Heights Road flooded
- Jack Shaw Road closed at PM 1.3
- Kings Peak Road closed at mile marker 7
- Landergen Road closed
- Lower Cappell Rd. at PM 1.49 open but road is soft and motorist must proceed with caution. Subject to closure at any time.
- Mattole Rd One-way control at mm 5.0
- Meridian between Port Kenyon and Centerville Closed
- Mosswood Lane closed
- Newton B. Drury Scenic Parkway closed after large falling tree put a hole in the road. No estimated time of reopening. (See here for more information.)
- Nunnemaker Rd at Eel Rock Rd. Closed- Slide/Slipout
- Old Arcata Road/ Jacoby Creek Road closed due to flooding. (See here for more information.)
- Port Kenyon closed
- Salmon Creek Road closed at 0.56mm detour 101 or Maple Hills Road
- Shively Road 1 lane controlled traffic at 3.56mm, 7.00mm
- Stagecoach Rd. – PM 1.00 Closed
- Wilder Ridge Road closed at Landergen Road indefinitely no alternate route.
Mendocino County Roads:
The Mendocino Voice has information here: