[UPDATE 11 a.m.] Tuesday’s Road Conditions and Weather (The Calm Before the Storm)
“So far this year, storms have done $350 million damage to CA highways … and it’s the middle of February!” tweeted Will Shuck, Caltrans’ Deputy Director of External Affairs. Below is what we know about specific problems at this point. As more information comes in, we’ll update in blue.
- HWY 1: Closed in both direction just west of Leggett. (See here for more info.)
- Hwy 3: Open
- Hwy 36: Open
- Hwy 96:
- According to Caltrans, “SR 96 is reduced to one lane with traffic control at Cade Mountain (Siskiyou CO) due to a slip-out. Motorists should expect delay. Conditions subject to change.”
- Hwy 101: Open
- Hwy 199: Open
- Hwy 211: Open (Check out the Fernbridge live cam)
- Hwy 254 (Avenue of the Giants):
- Closed from Holmes Flat to Barkdull Road.
- 10″ deep crack in the road near Matthews Creek south of Redcrest
- Hwy 255: Open
- Hwy 271: Open
- HWY 299: Mostly clear. However, the large slide at Big French Creek is still blocking east/west travel. New info from Caltrans:
…plan is to keep the road OPEN daily, starting on Sunday, Feb 12, 2017, through Wednesday, Feb 15, as follows:
5:30 am – 7:30 am OPEN
4:30 pm – 6:30 pm OPEN
6:30 pm overnight to 5:30 am OPEN
Please remember: RAIN changes the plan.
Humboldt County Roads:
Here’s what we know. As we learn details, we will add the information below.
- Alderpoint Road one lane at PM 30.33 and PM 34.79
- Bair Road (from Hwy 299) 1 lane controlled traffic at .50 mm and 1.30 mm
- Benbow Drive Closed
- Cannibal Island Road flooded
- East Branch Road in Benbow one way controlled traffic at 2.7 mm.
- Eel River Drive closed at mile marker 1.
- Eel Rock Rd. – 1 Lane Controlled traffic at PM 2.7
- Ettersburg–still open but ugly
- Fullmore Road closed
- Hidden Court closed
- Howard Heights Road flooded
- Kings Peak Road closed at mile marker 7
- Landergen Road closed
- Mattole Rd
- 1 way control at mm 5.0
- Closed at mile marker 11.13 starting Monday for part of the day (see here for more information)
- Meridian between Port Kenyon and Centerville Closed
- McCann Ferry IS operating.
- Mosswood Lane closed
- Nunnemaker Rd at Eel Rock Rd. Closed- Slide/Slipout
- Old Briceland Road closed at mm 2.3
- Port Kenyon closed
- Salmon Creek Road closed at 0.56mm detour 101 or Maple Hills Road
- Shively Road 1 lane controlled traffic at 3.56mm, 7.00mm and 8.42 mm.
- Stagecoach Rd. – PM 1.00 Closed
- Wilder Ridge Road closed at Landergen Road indefinitely no alternate route.