[UPDATE 9:01 p.m.] Wet and Wild Wednesday: Roads and Weather Updates
The Eel River at Fernbridge is still flooding though the water level crested last night.The National Weather Service warns that the Van Duzen River at Bridgeville and the Klamath River at Klamath might flood over the next several days so take precautions if you live in areas that could be affected.
Below is what we know about the battered roads in our area at this point but there are more issues that we haven’t confirmed. As more information comes in, we’ll update in blue.
- HWY 1: Closed in both direction just west of Leggett. (See here for more info.)(Most information below from Caltrans’ Quick Map. If you are heading to Oregon, check their similar site.)
- Hwy 3: Clear
- Hwy 36: Clear
- Hwy 96: According to Caltrans, “SR 96 is reduced to one lane with traffic control at Cade Mountain (Siskiyou CO) due to a slip-out. Motorists should expect delay. Conditions subject to change.”
- Hwy 101: Closed at Broadway in Eureka. (See here for more information.)
- Hwy 199: Clear
- Hwy 254 (Avenue of the Giants):
- Closed at Holmes due to flooding
- Closed at mm 42 near Redcrest–will be closed all night
- HWY 299: Mostly clear. However, the large slide at Big French Creek is still blocking east/west travel. It was not open for travel this morning.
Humboldt County Roads:
Here’s what we know. As we learn details, we will add the information below.
- Alderpoint Road one lane at 1.5mm and one lane controlled traffic at 34.79mm
- Benbow Drive Closed
- Berta Road flooded
- Briceland Thorn Road at
- Cannibal Island -Flooded
- Coffee Creek Road closed
- East Branch Road (East Benbow Drive) in Benbow one way controlled traffic
- Eel River Drive closed at 1.0mm
- Eel Rock Rd. – 1 Lane Controlled traffic at PM 2.7
- Elk Creek 1/2 mile up from the Avenue blocked by slide. (See photo and more info here.)
- Hidden Court closed
- Howard Heights Flooded
- Kimtu Road (west of Garberville) flooded
- Kings Peak road closed at mile marker 7
- Landergen Road closed
- Mosswood Lane closed
- Nunnemaker Rd at Eel Rock Rd. Closed- Slide/Slipout
- Port Kenyon closed
- Salmon Creek Road closed at 0.56mm detour 101 or Maple Hills Road
- Shively Road 1 lane controlled traffic at 3.56mm and 7.00mm
- Stagecoach Rd. – PM 1.00 Closed
- Wilder Ridge Road closed at Landergen Road indefinitely no alternate route. (See here for more details.)
Mendocino County Roads:
The Mendocino Voice has a lot of information here.
Trinity County Roads:
We have limited information but this is what we know.
- Van Duzen Road: Open but being undermined by the rising Van Duzen River.