[UPDATE 1:43 p.m.] Monday’s Road and Weather
We’ll update the roads reports as information comes in throughout the day.
- HWY 1: Clear
- Hwy 3: Chains required. Closed at Scott Mountain.
- Hwy 36: Starting three miles east of Mad River, “Chains or traction devices are required on all vehicles except four wheel / all wheel drive vehicles with snow treaded tires on all wheels,” according to Caltrans.
- Hwy 96: Open to local traffic only with one way traffic control due to a slipout. No trucks permitted.
- Hwy 101: Traffic moving slowly after an accident between Laytonville and Leggett closed the road for hours. It is reopened with one-way controlled traffic. (Click here for more information)
- Hwy 199: Clear
- Hwy 254 (Avenue of the Giants): Closed between Barkdull Road and Holmes
- HWY 299: Mostly clear. However, the large slide at Big French Creek is still blocking east/west travel.
Humboldt County Roads:
Here’s what we know now. As we learn details, we will add the information below.
- Alderpoint Road -carry chains
- Bair Road – chains Required
- Bald Hills – chains required
- Berta Road- flooded
- Cannibal Island-flooded, closed from Cock Robin to Crab Park
- Coffee Creek – closed
- Elk River Road – flooded
- Graham Road – flooded
- Greenwood Heights – closed between mile marker 4 and mile marker 6.7
- Hidden Court-closed slide
- Horse Mountain – chains required
- Howard Heights- flooded
- Kneeland Road – closed 1 mile past Greenwood Heights
- Mad River Road at Miller Lane – closed, both lanes – tree down
- McCann Bridge – closed, under water
- McCann Ferry – operating
- Meridian – closed between Centerville and Port Kenyon
- Mosswood Lane (Benbow) – closed
- Palmer Blvd. – Slide near Page Way
- Port Kenyon – closed between California and Market
- Shelter Cove Road-open
- Shively Road – closed PM 3.5 (detour open to 4-wheel drive vehicles only)
- Steelhead Road – Slide mile marker .4
- Westhaven Drive – flooded, one lane
- Zane Road – flooded
Mendocino County Roads:
The Mendocino Voice, our sister publication, has road information here.
Trinity County Roads:
- Van Duzen Road–will close at night after heavy rain. (See here for more information.)