[UPDATE 10:36 p.m.] Roads: A Wet and Wild Wednesday
Below we’ll keep you updated on the latest information on our Highways and roadways as we learn what’s happening across the area.
- HWY 1: Mostly clear-Slide .5 miles south of South Fork of the Eel Bridge.
- Hwy 3: Clear
- Hwy 36:
- Water is deep across the road right around the Carlotta Fire Hall, according to a reader. Please drive carefully.
- Starting at Ruth Road-“Chains, traction devices or snow tires are required on the drive axle of all vehicles except four wheel or all wheel drive vehicles.”
- At intersection with Hwy 3, Caltrans reports, “Chains, traction devices or snow tires are required on the drive axle of all vehicles except four wheel or all wheel drive vehicles.”
- Hwy 96: 60-minute delays at the one-way traffic control for slide removal.
- Hwy 101: Clear
- Hwy 199: Clear
- Hwy 254 (Avenue of the Giants): Closed between Barkdull Road and Holmes
- HWY 299: Mostly clear. However, the large slide at Big French Creek is still blocking east/west travel. (See here for more information.)
Humboldt County Roads:
Here’s what we know. As we learn details, we will add the information below.
- Buttermilk Lane is open
- Blue Slide Road–closed by Howe Creek Road.
- Cannibal Island-posted as flooded
- Coffee Creek – closed
- Drake Hill Road-posted as flooded
- Eel River Road – flooded
- Greenwood Heights–closed from 2.5 PM up to 5 PM. -power lines down
- Hawks Hill Road-lower part is posted flooded
- Hookton Road at Eel River Road-closed due to flooding.
- Mad River Road at Miller Lane – closed, both lanes – tree down
- Mad River Road is closed at the 1 mile mark.
- Price Creek Road is closed due to slide.
- Redwood Street at Walnut Drive (Cutten)-flooded
- Steelhead Road – Slipout .25 miles in – one-way traffic
- Westhaven Drive – flooded, one lane
Mendocino County Roads:
- Harwood Road- is blocked just past Big Chief of Laytonville and Draft
Punk as a Semi Truck is stuck just off the right shoulder. Alternate
routes around the Subdivision are available (According to KPFN]
Trinity County Roads:
- Van Duzen Road–will close at night after heavy rain. (See here for more information.)