[UPDATE 2:04 a.m.] The State of the Roads—Northbound 101 by Loleta Now Open
The highways and side roads of the Emerald Counties took a beating with last night’s storm. We’ll be updating this post throughout the day on the state of the roads as new information comes in.
- Buck Mt. Area: Planned construction. Motorists can expect 30-minute delays weekdays.
- Various construction jobs all the way to the Trinity County line, causing 10-minute delays weekdays at a few locations.
- UPDATE 10:09 a.m.:See here for updates.) OPEN! A slide with a tree covered part of Hwy 101 by Loleta last night. The northbound lanes closed at approximately 11:15 p.m. Traffic was diverted to Singley Hill Road. Caltrans says the road is now OPEN. (
- A slide on Hwy 101 near Big Lagoon. Now OPEN.
- Slide north of Piercy blocking all of 101. Detour around on 271. 10 minute delays.
Hwy 254 the Avenue of the Giants:
- Route 254 (Avenue of the Giants) is closed between Holmes Flat and Shively Bluffs (pm 41.2 – 43.0) due to flooding, according to Caltrans. No estimated time of reopening.
- Closed at Big French Creek which is approximately 4.5 miles west of Big Bar. No detour available.
COUNTY ROADS: (In alphabetical order)
- BERTA ROAD: Flooded per scanner traffic.
- CANNIBAL ISLAND /EEL RIVER: Impacted. A big rig is overturned and blocking the roadway. (See here for updates.)
- COCK ROBIN ISLAND ROAD: Closed per County Roads.
- COFFEE CREEK ROAD:Closed per County Roads.
- EEL RIVER ROAD: Closed due to flooding per scanner at 7:37 a.m.
- FRESHWATER ROAD: Closed due to flooding per scanner at 7:37 a.m.
- HOOKTON ROAD: Closed due to flooding per Caltrans.
- JACOBY CREEK ROAD: Closed due to flooding per scanner at 7:37 a.m.
- JACKSON RANCH ROAD: Closed per County Roads.
- MERIDIAN ROAD: Closed per County Roads.
- PINE HILL ROAD: Closed per County Roads.
- PORT KENYON ROAD: Closed per County Roads.
- REDWOOD DRIVE (Bluffs between Garberville and Redway): OPEN
- SHELTER COVE ROAD: Closed between Toth and Hillside due to a slide per County Roads.
- ZANES ROAD: Flooded per scanner traffic.