[UPDATE 7:25 a.m.] Armed Robbery at Cher-Ae Heights Casino This Morning
An armed robbery took place at the Cher-Ae Heights Casino early this morning. We reviewed scanner tapes and have not been able to determine exactly when the incident occurred but we heard it mentioned around 4:15 a.m. and believe it was some time not long before them.
According to a dispatcher on the scanner, The suspect is “believed to be a black male adult– approximately 6’2″, wearing all black with a black ski mask. He brandished a semi automatic pistol and then left. Unknown if on foot or [in a] vehicle. Surveillance is supposed to review and recontact. Unknown amount of cash taken.”
Similar crimes that have taken place this month: (Note: witnesses have described the robber/s in each case differently though. Some have described a white man, others a black man.
- Two Armed Robberies….(Same Guy?) (November 3: tall, thin white man in his twenties with a sawed off shotgun.)
- Armed Robber Struck the Chevron on 4th Street Tonight (November 4: dark brown hair, unshaven with a sawed off shotgun.)
- Another in What Appears to Be a Series of Stickups Occurred Last Night in Fortuna (November 5: tall thin with a sawed off shotgun.)
- Armed Robbery in McKinleyville (November 8: tall, thin white man)
- Shot Fired During Robbery at Winco (November 10: tall thin white man in his twenties)
- Benbow Inn Robbed at Gunpoint (November 14: tall, thin white or light-skinned Hispanic male)
- Another Armed Robbery; This Time in Ferndale (November 14: no description)
UPDATE 7:25 a.m.: Cher-ae Heights said they will not give a response to media over the phone. Unfortunately, since Redheaded Blackbelt is based almost two hours south that effectively precludes us from giving an update from them.