Fire at Lamplighter Inn in Eureka

Fire at Lamplighter inn

Fire personnel and vehicles at the Lamplighter Inn on July 23. [Photo by Shawn Malloy]

About noon today a fire broke out at the Lamplighter Inn on Broadway in Eureka. “A wall heater that malfunctioned created a small fire in the owner’s apartment,” explained Battalion Chief Sean Robertson of Humboldt Bay Fire. The family evacuated. Crews arrived and put out the fire.

“There was damage to the heater and to the wall and some smoke damage to the upper level,” Robertson said.

 

Facebooktwittergoogle_pluspinterestmail

3 comments

  • One of the few Broadway motels that’s well maintained and has curb appeal.

  • Nice clean place.always looks nice.since it’s been there.glad it was minor.

  • we stayed there. On our way home from Redwoods back to Oregon,we were desperate,it was late and all the finer motels were full. Well,Lamplighter had rooms,and now I know why. Filthy,nasty.Curtains,smoke stained,burns,tattered,shower had mold all over,feces on wall by toilet,dirty linen ON bed!!!!! Bedspread looked liked it had never been washed,as so the blanket. The mattress pad was horribly stained with something nasty. The mattress itself was beyond gross. The carpet was so filthy,we wore our shoes so as not to get some nasty disease. The door did not close properly,you could just push it open if you wanted to. The smell of the room was so bad,I think it possible someone died in there and wasn’t found for days,just so nasty,we had to sleep in our clothes with the blanket,bedspread on the floor,we did not shower as it was beyond gross. The towels also looked like they had been used and not washed. What a shithole. Next time we will sleep in the car and save the $80.you should too.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *