[UPDATE 8:49 p.m.] Flames in the Hood! The Alibi has a Kitchen Fire

Fire at the Alibi in Arcata

[Photo by Reader]

A stovehood caught on fire about 9:30 this morning at the Alibi in Arcata. It was quickly extinguished. Currently, fire crews are looking for an extension into the roof area.

UPDATE 8:50 p.m.: Press release from Arcata Fire:

Shortly before 9:30 A.M. Arcata Fire District was dispatched to a commercial structure fire on the 700 block of 9th Street.

At the time of dispatch, Truck 8283 and Engine 8215 were on the East side of the Plaza setting up for training. Battalion Chief Rick Gomes arrived at scene and reported a commercial grease fire that was confined to the cooking appliance in the kitchen.

“The kitchen staff took quick action by calling 9-1-1 and using a fire extinguisher to try to extinguish the fire.” stated Battalion Chief Gomes. Firefighters extinguished the fire with the Class K fire extinguisher. The fire was extinguished within three minutes of firefighter arrival.

There was fire damage to the cooking appliance and flue above the cooking appliance, no other damage to the building has been reported. No injuries were reported.

Arcata Fire District responded with two engines, one truck and two chief officers. Humboldt Bay Fire responded to assist with coverage for the District.

Facebooktwittergoogle_pluspinterestmail

2 comments

  • Stove hoods don’t catch on fire unless you run a dirty establishment.

    • It wasn’t the hood they had just been cleaned… It was under the grill and that has been cleaned as well as everything in that kitchen… Was just grease from cleaning… read the mad river Union paper that one is correct

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *