Nunchaku, Guns and Burglary Tools Found on Five Arrested This Morning, According to APD
This is a press release from the Arcata Police Department. The information has not been proven in a court of law and any individuals described should be presumed innocent until proven guilty:
On Tuesday June 14, 2016 at 7:55 am, the Arcata Police Department responded to the Shell Gas station, located in the 1400 block of G St, on the report of several subjects in a vehicle possibly engaged in drug activity. Upon officers arrival one male ran from the vehicle and was apprehended by a pursuing officer after a foot chase and brief struggle.A loaded concealed pistol was located on his person.
A search of the associated vehicle and its occupants resulted in the discovery of a small amount of Heroin, Methamphetamine, nunchaku and burglary tools. An additional loaded pistol was located concealed upon one of the passengers.
21 year old Eureka resident Braylan Jay Lanier
· Two Felony Warrants for Parole Violations
· PC 148(a)(1): Resisting Arrest
· PC 25850(a): Possession of a Loaded Firearm in Public
· PC 29800(a)(1): Felon in Possession of a Firearm
· PC 23900: Possession of Firearm without a Serial Number
26 year old Klamath resident Richard Lucas Martin
· Misdemeanor Warrant for Driving on a Suspended License