April’s Burglary Stats Released by Eureka Police
The Eureka Police Department released the following information via Facebook this morning:
Residential burglary stats for the month of April. Here’s what we know.
– 14 reports taken this month. 13 is the monthly average. We’ve had months with 3 and months with 35.
– 4 occurred on a Saturday.
– 7 occurred during daylight hours.
– 3 occurred while the resident was away for a weekend or longer.
– 2 occurred while the resident was in the moving process.
– 8 reported entry was made through a side or rear window.
– 5 forced entry with rock or other tool.
– 3 window was unlocked or open.
– 4 reported entry was made through a door.
– 1 side sliding door.
– 1 rear door.
– 2 front door.
– 2 reported entry was made only to garage.
– 3 occurred while a resident was home.
– 2 suspect fled when resident made it known they were home.
– 0 reported having a burglar alarm installed or activated.
– Suspect descriptions have been 1-2 white male adult(s), thin build, with a bicycle.
Check out these burglary prevention tips to keep your home safe.