Are You Champing at the Bit Wishing You Could Watch the Kentucky Derby?
Wicked Strong at the 2014 Kentucky Derby [Photo by Bill Brine (Flickr: Kentucky Derby 2014-0202) via Wikimedia Commons]
Going to the Kentucky Derby is on a lot of folks’ bucket list but…Kentucky’s far away. Well, Heart of the Redwoods Community Hospice has a fun alternative. Check this out fun event they’re holding at Beginnings in Briceland.
Heart of the Redwood Community Hospice wants you to join us in “The Two Greatest Moments in Sport History”, The Kentucky Derby. This FAMILY friendly event is sure to delight kids and adults a like. This day time event will include:
• 1 Complimentary Mint Julep or Craft Beer for 21 or over
• 1 Complimentary Kids Drink
• Live Music from the Garberville Town Band
• Horse Racing! Horse Racing! Horse Racing! In a variety of different formants.
• Kid Friendly Appetizers & Homemade Drinks By Niya & Alaya Larson
• An array of Kids activities brought to you by Alexis Huber
• Signature Cocktails, Craft Beer and Local Wines for Purchase
• Selction of Amusing Raffles
• An Array of Fantastic Silent Auction item from all of Humboldt County.
• Awards for Best Hat, Most Dapper Gent and Best Dressed Couple
• Kentucky Bourbon Tasting Flights for Purchase
• Scrumptious Gratis Appetizers from J Catering
All this and more for a donation of $75 for adults (16 & older) and $10 for kids (10-15) and FREE for Under 10! Tickets can be purchased at Heart of the Redwoods Community Hospice Office located at 464 Maple Lane in Garberville or online at www.hrchkentuckyderby.brownpapertickets.com.Tickets are limited, therefore you’ll want to get them before they are gone.