APD Arrests Two With a Stolen Vehicle
This is a press release from the Arcata Police Department. The information has not been proven in a court of law and any individuals described should be presumed innocent until proven guilty:
On Thursday September 17, 2015 at about 1:15pm, the Arcata Police Department with the assistance of the Humboldt State University Police conducted a high risk traffic stop on a stolen vehicle associated with suspects wanted by the California Highway Patrol and considered armed and dangerous. The vehicle, a gold colored Toyota sedan, was observed by an APD officer as it drove into a gas station in the 3100 block of Alliance Road in Arcata and one of the passengers fled on foot. The two remaining juvenile occupants were detained without incident. A search of the vehicle revealed a replica semi-automatic handgun, methamphetamine paraphernalia and pepper spray.
The juveniles were booked into the Humboldt County Juvenile Hall on the following charges:
- Penal Code: 496d-Possession of a Stolen Vehicle.
- Penal Code: 1203.2-Violation of Probation.
- Penal Code: 22810(d)-Minor in Possession of Pepper Spray.
- Health & Safety: 11364(a)-Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.
- Vehicle Code 4463(a)(1): False Evidence of Vehicle Registration.