Road Closures for Sunday’s Marathon
Here is the flier we will be handing out to residents along the course.
Eureka: The following closures will begin by 6 AM and will be reopened by 9 AM:
– F Street between 6th Street and Hodgson. Please use E Street or H & I Streets. Cross at 4th Street or 5th Street
– Hodgson between F Street and W Street. Cross traffic allowed at H Street and W Street
– Chester Street between W Street and Harrison. Cross traffic allowed at W Street
– Harrison between Wilson and Chester. Detour via W Street.
– Wilson between Harrison and Walford
– Walford between Wilson and Harris
– Harris and Hall between Hubbard and Myrtle Avenue will be closed to through traffic. Detour via Hubbard
Old Arcata Road and Myrtle Avenue between Buttermilk Ln in Sunny Brae and Hall Ave in Eureka
– The southbound lane continuing west into Eureka will be closed before 7 AM and will be reopened no later than 11 AM. Southern sections will be reopened first as the last runner passes. The northbound lane will remain open. The detour is to go north and use US 101 South to Eureka. Cross traffic will be allowed at Indianola Cutoff and Bayside Cutoff.
Sunny Brae and Arcata: The following closures will begin before 8 AM and will be reopened by 11:30
– Bayside Road between Union and Buttermilk: Southbound lane will be closed.
– 7th Street between G and Union: Eastbound lane will be closed. Cross traffic allowed at Union and F St.
– 10th Street between G and Q will be closed. Please use 11th Street. Cross traffic allowed at H St. and K St.
– Q Street between 10th and 17th will be closed. Cross traffic allowed at 11th St.
Arcata Bottoms: Foster, Seidel and Jackson Ranch Road will be closed between 8 AM and 1 PM
Highway CA 255: The southbound lane from Arcata to Eureka will be closed starting by 8 AM. Detour north on CA 255 and use US 101 south to Eureka. Reopening will start before 2:30 PM
Old Town Eureka: The following roads will be closed between 8 AM and 2:30 PM
– 3rd Street between Q and R Streets
– Q Street between 2nd and 3rd Streets
– 2nd Street north of P and Q Streets
– 2nd Street between M and F Streets F Street from 2nd Street north to the Eureka Boardwalk
Traffic will be allowed to cross 2nd Street at L Street
We have created Humboldt Bay Marathon as an organization dedicated to promoting and supporting trails and outdoor recreation in Humboldt County. We graciously ask that you be supportive and patient with the impact on traffic. Thank you!
For questions, please contact Rich Baker:email@example.com
The safety of our runners and our volunteers is our first priority. The main roads used for our courses will either be fully closed or have one side of the road closed.
Cross traffic will be allowed at some intersections, but these will be heavily controlled with barriers and flag people to ensure that runners have priority with no interference from crossing traffic.
The time limit for the marathon will be 6 hours and 30 minutes. The half marathon course limit is 4 hours and 30 minutes. Roads will be reopened, and runners who fall behind this minimum pace will be required to stop and abandon the race.