A Firefighter’s Look at Yesterday’s Blaze Near Capetown

The Ferndale Volunteer Fire Department fought the Bear Fire yesterday near Capetown. Their Facebook status said the blaze was “caused by a power pole insulator that exploded.” One of their firefighters, Matt Knowles, took photos.

11053863_918191851588649_3079980597998732629_n

After the fire, a broken insulator was found surrounded by charred grass.

1378388_918191948255306_1864471454690268000_n

The firefighters had the combination for this lock as they left the area. But sometimes they don’t.  If you know there is a fire, unlock your gates to allow emergency access. This will help crews get there quickly and save you a cut lock.

11811413_918191554922012_8795672457713540891_n

Working together.

11824993_918191608255340_301811478361171221_n

Finishing the job.

11811474_918191681588666_8312128452099785872_n

Adorable future firefighter missing a few pieces of his uniform…

11218772_918191651588669_9041156152378113300_n

Thank you, firefighters! The structure was saved!


Facebooktwittergoogle_pluspinterestmail

3 comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *