[Update 1:25 p.m.] Yet Another Fire Erupts in the Pecwan Area
Scanner traffic indicates fire crews are responding to at least one more vegetation fire in the Pecwan Area. According to the scanner, the incident is taking place on the opposite side of the ridge where the “Bee Fire” took place a couple of weeks ago.
There have been several fires in the Weitchpec and Pecwan areas recently, and we’ll post links to the previous fires at the bottom of this post. As usual, we’ll post updates when we have more information.
UPDATE 12:45 p.m.:
Cal Fire spokesperson Laura Coleman reports there are “4 small fires” near Bee Lake. The fires are moving at a “[s]low rate of speed” and are not yet contained.
Cal Fire, Hoopa Fire, Orleans Fire, Yurok Fire and the United States Forest Service are working the incident.
UPDATE 1:25 p.m.: Videos of aircraft fighting the fire by Jesse Stills.
- Three Vegetation Fires Today
- [UPDATE: 7/9 Contained] Seven More Fires Pop Up on Highway 169
- [UPDATE 5:08 P.M. Total of Nine Fires!] Four Fires Ignite in Weitchpec Area
- [Update 4:01 P.M.] Another Fire Breaks Out in Weitchpec Area
- Helicopter Responding to a Fire in Weitchpec
- [Update 3:53 P.M.] Another Fire Breaks out near Weitchpec
- [Update 4:24 P.M.] Fire Crews Battling Vegetation Fire Near Highway 96