‘Strong Possibility’ Shane Miller Committed Suicide
Lt. Wayne Hanson of the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office stated this morning that there is “a strong possibility that Miller may have committed suicide.” Shane Miller, the suspect in the shooting deaths of his wife and two young daughters, had been the subject of a year long manhunt until his remains were found and identified this last week.
Hanson went on to say that the position of the remains indicates that the body had not been moved by water. “It looks like the body was on that spot [since Miller died,]” Hanson explained. The remains were found about a half mile “as the crow flies” from where Miller’s truck had been abandoned in May of 2013,” said Hanson.
He pointed out that there was no way of determining exactly how long Miller had been in that spot. He scoffed at the “T.V. show endings” that can pinpoint exact times of death. “We’ll probably never know if it happened that night or two days after…Even if we had found his remains two weeks later [we would not know.] Hanson confirmed that Miller’s wallet and ID were found in connection with Miller’s remains.
An autopsy is scheduled for today.
- Humboldt Connection in Shasta Triple Murder
- Vehicle of Suspect in Shasta County Triple Slayings Found at Mouth of Mattole
- Mattole Schools Close as Manhunt Continues
- Sheriff Downey: Where We’re At in the Mattole Manhunt
- Afternoon Manhunt Update: No Leads to Report, But Tour of the Unknown Coast Will Go Forward
- Whitethorn School Opens But the King Range Conservation Area Closes
- Photos of Petrolia as Hunt for Triple Homicide Suspect Continues
- No News From the Shane Miller Manhunt in the Mattole Valley
- More Officers Arrive to Search for Triple Homicide Suspect
- Dead Body Rumors Unfounded, Says Lt. Hanson
- Shelter in Place Request Lifted—Caution Still Advised as Authorities Search for Homicide Suspect, Shane Miller
- Law Enforcement Expands Manhunt to New Boundries
- ‘Defeated’ Suspect in Triple Homicide Left Note in His Abandoned Truck
- Sheriff’s Office Manhunt
- Today: Checkpoints, Door-to-Door Searches, More Marshals Arriving
- Today’s Sheriff’s Office Update From the Shane Miller Manhunt
- ‘We Don’t Care If You Have a Meth Lab in Your Backyard, We Just Want to Find the Baby Killer!’
- Miller Told Ex ‘Everything Will Be Alright’
- Miller’s Dog Found—Law Enforcement Searches for Hikers Who Found Her
- King Range Manhunt Winds Down
- More on the Search for Shane Miller
- Underground Bunker Searched for Shane Miller
- US Marshals Add Shane Miller to Most Wanted List
- Shane Miller Spotted in Siskiyou County?
- NBC Revisits the Shane Miller Case
- Most Wanted Murder Suspect Shane Miller Subject of Filming in Petrolia
- Human Remains Found by Petrolia Fire Department Last Night
- Human Remains Confirmed to Be Those of Triple Homicide Suspect Shane Miller