Eureka Fire Caused by Welding Sparks

Humboldt Bay Fire Press Release:

At 8:30 PM Thursday night March 21st three Engines, one Truck, and three staff officers responded to a structure fire reported to be at 1324 6th in Eureka. On arrival crews found a detached garage burning off the alley to the rear of the residence.

The fire heavily damaged one garage and caused moderate damage to an adjacent garage.

Crews remained on scene approximately 2 hours completing overhaul and investigation.

The fire was determined to be accidental caused by sparks from a welder.

Fire safety procedures should be followed when welding, cutting, or with other spark producing operations. Sparks should not land near combustible materials and a fire extinguisher should be available.

Facebooktwittergoogle_pluspinterestmail

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *