Trinity and Mendocino Counties Offer Sandbags to Prepare for Possible Flooding
Trinity County Press Release: (Below that Mendocino Sheriff’s release)
Sandbag and sand locations within Trinity County are as follows:
The following Trinity County Yards from 9:00am-3:00pm:
- Trinity Center, 35 Airport Road;
- Hayfork, 180 Morgan Hill Road;
- Ruth, 17960 Mad River Road
In Weaverville, Weaverville Solid Waste Transfer Site located at 173 Tom Bell Road from 8:00am-4:00pm.
There will be a limit of 25 bags per household. Please bring your own shovel.
In case of an emergency after hours please call the Trinity County Sheriff’s Office at 530-623-2611.
Mendocino Co. Sheriff Facebook Status:
The Mendocino County Department of Transportation announced that sand and sandbags are available to county residents at the following locations:
- Ukiah – GSA Facilities fenced Parking Area. 841 Low Gap Road.
- Willits – Willits DOT Yard. 751 Hearst/Willits Road
- Fort Bragg – Fort Bragg DOT Yard. 155 East Bush St
- Potter Valley – Potter Valley Fire House. 10521 Main St
Currently bags and sand are available during normal business hours. Additional hours and locations may be added as needed.