Get Paid for Working on Your Own Land

The Natural Resources Conservation Service Environmental Quality Incentives Program (big mouthful) got funding this year. Certain kinds of clearing to control fire spread or to restore oak meadow woodlands as well as a few other areas may qualify you to get partial funding for working on your land.  Farm Bill Program Assistant at the Eureka Field Office 442-6058 extension 114 can help.  First, you should look at this link.  See if you think you might qualify, then call before you start filling out the forms and they’ll help you decide if you are qualified and help you with the forms.

A neighbor did this or something like it last year.  They benefited our whole watershed by reducing fire fuel along a main road and escape route for the area and they got paid.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *