Humboldt and Mendocino Fires June 28
Swallowing the Smoke: Birds swoop through a smoky sunrise
The normal fires expected this time of year keep coming on top of the massive numbers of blazes caused by last weekend’s lightning.
MENDOCINO: Evacuation has been ordered (this is not precautionary) for the Greenfield subdivision, west of Ukiah by the Orr Springs road (click here for a map).
There are other areas with precautionary evacuations.
- Community of Rockport
- Montgomery Woods/ Orr Springs Road to Running Springs Road
- Mountain View / Mile Post 9 Area
- Red Mountain/ Bell Springs Road (From Hwy 101 to the intersection of Red Mountain and Bell Springs Road)
- The Community of Cummings
- Town of Leggett
- De Haven Creek and Howard Creek drainage, North of Westport
- Chicken Ridge Webber Subdivison
- Navarro/ Flynn Creek
- Cherry Creek/ Intersection of Hwy 101 and Hwy 162
See Calfire for more information or call 707-467-6426
HUMBOLDT: All fires have been contained except one. The Paradise Fire north of Shelter Cove is nearly 900 acres and 40% contained. The steep land and dry conditions have made the fire difficult to fight and there have been two injuries. Currently Calfire has 4 helicopters (though smoke conditions have made flight difficult) and 20 engines fighting the fire. Call (707) 726-1225 for more information on Humboldt fires.